Knowing of CICS in-built transactions is useful for your day-to-day job of testing and development. Each one explained briefly.
- CESN is known as CICS Execute Sign On. CESN is used to Sign on to the CICS region.
- We need to provide the User-Id and Password given by the CICS administrator to log on to CICS.
CEDA is known as CICS Execute Definition and Administration. It is used by CICS System Administrators to define CICS table entries and other administration activities.CEMT
- CEMT is known as CICS Execute Master Terminal. It is used to inquire and update the status of CICS environments and also for other system operations.
- CEMT is basically used for loading a new program into the CICS or for loading a new copy of the program into the CICS after the program or MapSet is changed.
- Using CEMT command, we can manage transactions, tasks, files, programs, etc. To get all the possible options, type CEMT and press ENTER. It will display all the options.
Also Read | How to close a file in CICS by CEMT command
CECI is known as CICS Execute Command Interpreter. Many CICS commands can be executed using CECI. Also read how to get syntax for all commands.
CECI is used to check the syntax of the command. It executes the command, only if the syntax is correct.
Type the CECI option on the empty CICS screen after having logged in. It gives you the list of options available.
CEDF is known as CICS Execute Debug Facility. It is used for debugging the program step by step, which helps in finding the errors.
Type CEDF and press enter in the CICS region. The terminal is in EDF mode message will be displayed. Now type the transaction id and press the enter key.
After initiation, with each enter key, a line is executed. Before executing any CICS command, it shows the screen in which we can modify the values before proceeding further.
CMAC is known as CICS Messages for Abend Codes. It is used to find the explanation and reasons for CICS Abend Codes.
CESF is known as CICS Execute Sign Off. It is used to Sign Off from the CICS region.
CEBR is known as CICS Execute Temporary storage Browse. It is used to display contents of a temporary storage queue or TSQ.
CEBR is used while debugging to check if the items of the queue are being written and retrieved properly. Also read how to manage files TSQ in CICS.